Could this be the Fountain of Youth?
I’ve been hearing about all the longevity and aging-reversal benefits of NAD+ IV therapy for a while now. For my 45th birthday, I took the plunge and gifted myself a 5-day treatment. It’s amazing. Detail below:
My biodata for reference (pre- NAD+)
- Age: 45.0 years
- Activity Level: LISS Cardio 7 days per week, heavy lifting 5 days per week
- Body Comp: 5'6', 170lb, 8–12% body fat (based on DEXA scan)
- Diet: 95% carnivore (but no dairy except ghee), nowadays I’m flexible on the weekend for 1 meal.
- Medications: None
- Supplements: Many
- Mental Hygiene: Transcendental Meditation (6 years), Gratitude practice, Vision / Goal setting, elimination of limiting beliefs, positive coping mechanisms for my needs
- Sleep: 6 hours with alarm, but my body prefers 7.5 hours
- Energy Level: high but prone to some procrastination on some tasks I find not fun (e.g. 1.5 hour lifting sessions, writing marketing material, personal chores, etc.)
NAD Loading via IV Infusion
- Received 1000mg of NAD IV in a 500ml solution
- 5 days in a row
- Took me about 2.5 hours per day as I tolerated a max rate of 250ml/hr.
- I was able to work from my laptop, take Teams calls, etc.
- I was tired after the treatment on Day 1 and 2. After Day 3, the positive impacts started (more below)
NAD Maintenance Protocol
- Going in a month for a 1-day booster
- 2 weeks after the initial IV treatment, I started the daily self-administered 50mg NAD+ injections at home
- Note: I’m scared of needles but it’s so small I barely feel it
On Day 3, I woke up after 6 hours of sleep without an alarm ready to go. By Day 5, all of the below improvements kicked in.
- 25% decrease in required sleep — I now wake up without an alarm super-refreshed after 6 hours of sleep
- 20% increase in the portion of my sleep that is higher quality (REM + Deep)
- 50% increase in Heart Rate Variability, from the 60s to 90s
- 10–20% Increase in top weight at the gym for the same amount of reps
- 80% less procrastination on tasks I need to do but don’t like (personal or work-related)
- 75% less hungover after significant weekend drinking (it was my birthday weekend)
The best way to describe it is that I have the “fire in my belly” to get sh#t done of 30-year-old Neel without the neuroses that I had back then.
If I feel the same at the 3-month mark, I’m officially declaring this my Fountain of Youth. and will seriously consider subsidizing it for my teammates.
Also, there are oral options that will eventually get you to this level without needles. Huberman loves renue products.